- Travel by executive coach
- Regional joining points by executive coach to/from Bristol - Please call for your nearest
- 6 nights’ on board ‘MV Discovery’ with full board (When on excursions packed lunches will be provided)
- Welcome and farewell Captain’s Cocktails
- Self service tea and coffee on board ship
- Stylish ‘big show’ entertainment and caberets
- Porterage of your luggage from port to cabin
- Talks by guest speaker
- Battlefields excursions and visits as described
Included Shore Excursions & Visits
- Pegasus Bridge & Ranville - See the sites where some of the early battles took place
- American D-Day beaches** - Visit Utah and Omaha Beaches and Pointe du Hoc Museum
**These excursions are subject to access to the surrounding area due to visiting dignitaries.
A cruise to commemorate the D-Day Landings of World War II and the Allied Forces invasion of occupied Europe.
We are delighted to offer this fascinating cruise to commemorate the D-Day Landings of World War II and the Allied Forces invasion of occupied Europe. Visit the landing beaches, military cemeteries and museums of the single biggest invasion force ever. On the anniversary of D-Day on 6th June, we will cruise off the Normandy beaches.
- June 1st – Regional departure by coach and onwards to Avonmouth, Bristol to join our cruise ship. If you wish you can join your cruise ship MV Discovery at Avonmouth port in Bristol. Car parking is available at a cost of £77 per car (please call for details). We set sail at 8.30pm. D
- June 2nd – At Sea - Relax and enjoy the wonderful facilities onboard as we cruise towards the Normandy coast. B,L,D
- June 3rd – Honfleur, Normandy Landing Beaches - British Sector - We arrive in Honfleur, a pretty town at the mouth of the the River Seine. Escorted by our Specialist guide enjoy our included battlefield visit of the British Sector, studying some of the initial landings by the brave 6th Airborne Divison, visiting Pegasus Bridge, heroically taken by Major John Howard and his men. See Café Gondré and the Pegasus Memorial Museum. We then pay our respects at Ranville Commonwealth Cemetery and at Bréville Ridge, an important sector of high ground. Our guide tells the story of the battles for the eastern flank and the battles for Caen. We visit the Merville Gun Battery, which was disarmed at great cost by the 9th Battalion of the Parachute Regiment under the brilliant command of Lt. Col. Terence Otway D.S.O. in the early hours of 6th June. It is now a superbly restored museum. In the afternoon, we visit Sword Beach where the British 3rd Infantry Division, accompanied by commandos landed. B,L,D
- June 4th – St. Peter Port, Guernsey - We arrive in Guernsey at 8am and spend a full day on this enchanting Channel Island before departing at 8pm. B,L,D
- June 5th – American D-Day Beaches - We arrive in Cherbourg this morning. Once again, escorted by our specialist guide join our included excursion travelling down the Cherbourg peninsula to look at the American involvement in D-Day. We examine the landings on Utah Beach and at St. Mère Église the role of US Paratroops on D-Day and visit the Iron Mike Memorial. After lunch, we travel over to Omaha Beach, featured in 'Saving Private Ryan', and see the huge American cemetery which overlooks where the landings took place. Before returning to Cherbourg, we see where the US Rangers scaled the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc to destroy a German gun battery site. B,L,D
- June 6th – Cruising off the Normandy Landing Beaches - We spend the day cruising off the Normandy beaches. A ceremony will be held in memory of those who lost their lives, in the momentous events of D-Day and beyond. B,L,D
- June 7th – Arrive at Avonmouth, Bristol at 2.30pm and join your coach for the return journey to your original joining point or make your own way home.
Included Meals: B=Breakfast L=Lunch D=Dinner (Packed lunch if on excursions)
Please Note: Entrance fees to museums and places of interest are at extra cost.
The MV Discovery boasts a wide range of public facilities including the Carousel Lounge, where you may enjoy colourful floor shows performed by the artistic show-team or the talents of one of the guest entertainers. With its panoramic views, Palm Court is a delightful venue to relax and watch the world sail by or to chat with fellow passengers.
In addition, Discovery provides a shopping gallery, internet centre, a cinema/lecture lounge, card room and well stocked library. Be pampered with a massage or sauna, make use of the hairdressing and beauty facilities, or work out in the gym. She offers extensive deck areas, two swimming pools, two whirlpools and a pool bar.
Dining on board is always a special event and on Discovery you will experience excellent levels of gastronomic delight. From breakfast through to midnight snacks you will be impressed by the choice and quality of the superb food the chefs have prepared and by the friendly, attentive service of the stewards.
Full breakfast will be served in the Seven Continents Restaurant or "al fresco" on the Sun Deck. Sitting basis is open. Continental
breakfast is also available in your cabin. Lunch is taken on an open sitting basis in the Seven Continents Restaurant or "al fresco" on the Sun Deck. Dinner is served at two sittings in the Seven Continents Restaurant.
There is a good selection of comfortable cabin accommodation ranging from standard to deluxe with many of the cabins on board the MV Discovery cruise ship having an ocean view. All cabins have en-suite facilities including shower & WC, T.V., hairdryer, telephone and personal safe. Category options are priced generally according to position, size and facilities.
MV Discovery Profile
Number of lower berths: 698
Gross Tonnage: 20.186
Cruising Speed: 18
|TOUR REF: CRDA
|Executive Coach 7 Days
Saving Up to £150 per person